July 03, 2007

The Volokh Conspiracy - -

The Fourth of July is never fun when you live in the hood in the South, where fireworks of all sizes are legal and every clown puts on their own display (t-shirt generally optional)

It is strictly amateur hour out there at the moment, with good size explosions going off several times a minute. Tomorrow will be worse, since the drinking only starts now and can continue all the way through Thursday morning. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee-hawwwwwwwwwwwwww!

In other depressing news, the old crone who runs the civic league put back out the plastic flags in the median. Now I love the flag, don't get me wrong. But the hundreds of faded plastic flags make the neighborhood look like a used car dealership.

I generally hope for rain in my neighborhood. I hope it will be nice and clear in DC, which is where we will be enjoying the fireworks along with approximately 500,000,000,000 other tourists. Hey, don't hassle me, I'm local!



No comments: