October 30, 2007

I am extremely sad to find out that Porter Wagoner has gone to his reward. The world is so much worse off. He was a genius and giant.

By coincidence I looked long but in vain for one of his songs to sing the other night at the Korean noriban, his were about the only ones I could think as worthy of singing.

He has my all-time favorite album cover, the sweat dipping down his face on "Carroll County Accident."


He was one of the greats I haven't had a chance to see, I was hoping to catch him when I got back to the states because I knew he was touring.

I'll let Porter speak for himself:

Money can't buy back your youth when you're old
Or a friend when you're lonely, or a love that's grown cold
The wealthiest person is a pauper at times
Compared to the man with a satisfied mind

When my life is ended, my time has run out
My trials and my loved ones, I'll leave them no doubt
But one thing's for certain, when it comes my time
I'll leave this old world with a satisfied mind

No comments: