October 02, 2007

I was speaking on the other blog about Albanian music and also wanted to note here something that flitted across the screen about the same time. In this review of a cd of "Albanian Village Music" (which does sound like it is worth hearing) there is a brief mention of a 10 disc collection of Cretan music: Oi Protomastores 1920-195. Holy cow, that is something that I have been needing.

This could be better than the 7 disc collection of Brazilian piano movers in the 1903s and others from which I posted some music from over the summer.

I have a soft spot for these huge collections. There seems to be no end, for which I am grateful. Turn a new corner, there is a universe of completely unknown music that demands to be heard.

One thing about about being over here in Korea -- it truly is saving me piles of money because of my inability to immediately buy the 10 disc Cretan set before an innate though fickle sense of fiscal responsibility starts to nose under the tent. I hope I can remember to get it when I get back.

I have a bunch of Albanian music already, I am going to post some.

No comments: